Freshwater Cadet ( Steamboat Bill Jr. ) is asilent American film of Buster Keaton and Charles Reisner released in 1928 .
The young William Canfield, returning from the city where he studied, finds his father on the Mississippi . This one has an old tub, the Steamboat Bill . William falls in love with Kitty, the daughter of the rich owner of the rival shipping company, much to his father’s despair.
- Title: Freshwater Cadet
- Original title: Steamboat Bill Jr.
- Director: Charles Reisner and Buster Keaton (uncredited)
- Scenario: Carl Harbaugh
- Photography: Devereaux Jennings and Bert Haines
- Technical direction: Fred Gabourie
- Producer: Joseph M. Schenck
- Production Company: Buster Keaton Comedies
- Distribution: United Artists Corporation
- Country: American
- Format: Black and white – 1.33: 1 – Format 35 mm
- Language: silent film English subtitles
- Genre: Comedy
- Duration: seven reels
- exit :
- Buster Keaton : William Canfield Jr
- Tom McGuire : JJ King
- Ernest Torrence : William Canfield Sr, the father
- Tom Lewis : Tom Carter
- Marion Byron : Marion Kitty King
- James T. Mack :