Nova Zembla is ahistorical Dutch feature film directed by Reinout Oerlemans and released in 2011 .
The story is inspired by the third voyage of Willem Barentsz and Jacob van Heemskerk ( 1596 – 1597 ) to Nouvelle-Zemble . While the Dutch explorer was looking for a passage to Asia by taking the northeastern route across the Arctic Ocean , the icebound crew had to overwinter on this archipelago before returning to the Netherlands. ‘Next year. The story is told from the point of view of Gerrit de Veer , a crew officer, who kept a diary throughout the journey and who published it on his return.
- Robert de Hoog : Gerrit of Veer
- Derek from Lint : Willem Barentsz
- Victor Reinier : Jacob van Heemskerck
- Jan Decleir : Petrus Plancius
- Doutzen Kroes : Catharina Plancius
- Teun Kuilboer : Pieter Vos
- Semmy Schilt : Claes
- Judah Goslinga : Laurens
- Mads Wittermans : the surgeon
- Jochum van der Woude : Jan Fransz van Haerlem
- Herman Egbers : Harmen
- Arjan Duine : Oene
- Arend Brandligt : Adriaan
- Bas Keijzer : the rooster
- Koning Remon : Ginger
- Filming took place in Belgium , Iceland , Canada and the Netherlands .
- The views of Amsterdam were actually shot in Bruges , Belgium.
The soundtrack has been remixed by the Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren .
Source of the translation
- (nl) This article is partially or entirely from the Wikipedia article in Dutch entitled ” Nova Zembla (film) ” ( see the list of authors ) .