Pathfinder is an action movie directed byMarcus Nispeland distributed byTwentieth Century Fox, released on. He starred Karl Urban and Moon Bloodgood .
The film traces the story of a conflict between Vikings and Amerindians , six centuries before the arrival of Christopher Columbus on the shores of the American continent .
- Title 1 : Pathfinder – The Warrior’s Blood
- Original title: Pathfinder
- Director: Marcus Nispel
- Scenario: Laeta Kalogridis (after the work of Nils Gaup )
- Production: Mike Medavoy , Arnold Messer and Marcus Nispel
- Music: Jonathan Elias
- Image: Daniel Pearl
- Editing: Jay Friedkin and Glen Scantlebury
- Release date 1 : France :
- Not allowed under 12 years
- Duration: 99 minutes
- Karl Urban (VF: Adrien Antoine ) : Ghost
- Moon Bloodgood (VF: Delphine Rich ) : Starfire
- Russell Means (VF: Georges Claisse ) : Pathfinder
- Clancy Brown : Gunnar
- Ralf Moeller : Ulfar
- Jay Tavare : Blackwing
- Nathaniel Arcand : Wind in Tree
- Kevin Loring : Jester
- Michelle Thrush (VF: Frédérique Tirmont ) : Indian mother
Around the film
This story is based on the fact that the Vikings landed on the mainland and even founded a village at L’Anse aux Meadows at the northern tip of the island of Newfoundland . This site could be that of the legendary colony of ” Vinland ” founded by the explorer Leif Ericson around the year 900 but this interpretation is subject to debate. The representation of the Vikings, on the other hand, is clearly fanciful: their langskip is as big as a galleon and their equipment is not so much in keeping with reality.
- The Passeur (film, 1987) , the original film by Nils Gaup .
Notes and references
- ↑ a and b (en) Pathfinder [ archive ] on the Internet Movie Database