Sinking of Japan ( 日本沈没 , Nihon Chinbotsu ? , Literally. The Submersion of Japan ) is a disaster movie Japanese directed by Shinji Higuchi released onin Japan. The film is adapted from Sakyo Komatsu’s novel published in 1973 .
This film is a remake of a movie of the same title directed by Shiro Moritani in 1973 , with Lorne Greene , Keiju Kobayashi , Hiroshi Fujioka and Ayumi Ishida .
The Japan is under the rubble following the earthquake , the tsunami and volcanic eruptions making many dead and others blocked. In Numazu , a scientist finds a single girl in the middle of this hell happens before a helicopter for search and rescue in which there is a female firefighter …. Then a thud calls out to them and they helplessly witness the eruption of Mount Fuji.
- Original title: 日本 沈没( Nihon Chinbotsu ? )
- International Title: Japan Sinks
- French title: Sinking of Japan
- Director: Shinji Higuchi
- Script: Masato Kato , from the novel The Submersion of Japan of Sakyo Komatsu (1973)
- Sets: Yasuaki Harada
- Photography: Taro Kawazu
- Editing: Hiroshi Okuda
- Music: Taro Iwashiro
- Productions: Toshiaki Nakazawa and Kazuya Hamana (executive)
- Production Company: TBS Incorporated
- Distribution companies: Toho Company (Japan) , Zylo (France)
- Country of origin: Japan
- Language: Japanese
- Format: Colors – 2.35: 1 – Dolby Digital Sound
- Genre: Catastrophe
- Duration: 135 minutes
- Release dates:
- Japan :
- France : ( DVD / Blu-Ray )
- Tsuyoshi Kusanagi : Toshio Onodera, the bathyscaphe piloting scientist
- Kō_Shibasaki : Reiko Abe, the firefighter
- Etsushi Toyokawa : Yusuke Tadokoro, the seismologist
- Mayuko Fukuda : Misaki Kuraki, the girl lost in Numazu
- Mao Daichi : Saori Takamori, the Minister
- Mitsuhiro Oikawa : Shinji Yuki, the pilot of bathyscaphe
- Jun Kunimura : Deputy Prime Minister Kyosuke Nozaki
- Koji Ishizaka : Yamamoto, the Prime Minister
Sinking of Japan came out onin Japan .
In France , it was presented at the Cannes Film Festival market inwithout any success. Following the largest earthquake of 2011 on the Tōhoku Pacific coast since 1923 in Kantō , the distribution company Zylo has released the film on DVD and Blu-Ray, which will be released six months after the disaster..
- 2007 Hong Kong International Film Festival
- Asian Film Award for the best special effects