The Walker of the Champ-de-Mars is a French filmby Robert Guédiguian released in the theater on. It is a film adaptation of the novel The Last Mitterrand , by Georges-Marc Benamou .
The film follows the end of the life of François Mitterrand , his last weeks at the Elysee , and when he had an official residence at 9 Frederick Avenue The Play ( 7 th arrondissement of Paris ) and thus had the opportunity to walk in the nearby Champ-de-Mars .
- Title: The Walker of the Champ-de-Mars
- Director: Robert Guédiguian
- Script: Gilles Taurand , Georges-Marc Benamou, adapted from the novel The Last Mitterrand , of Georges-Marc Benamou
- Production: Frank Le Wita and Marc de Bayser for Film obliges , Agat Films and Arte
- Production budget: 3 668 360 euros 1
- Country of origin: France
- Format: Colors – 1: 1,66
- Sound: Dolby Surround – 35 mm
- Genre: Historical Film , Biopic
- Duration: 117 minutes
- Release date : ( France )
- Michel Bouquet : The President (his name is never mentioned in the film)
- Jalil Lespert : Antoine Moreau
- Philippe Fretun : Dr. Jeantot
- Anne Cantineau : Jeanne
- Sarah Grappin : Judith
- Catherine Salviat : Mado, Jeanne’s mother
- Jean-Claude Frissung : René, Jeanne’s father
- Philippe Le Mercier : Fleury, the bodyguard
- Serge Kribus : Riou, the driver
- Jean-Claude Bourbault : the bookseller
- Grégoire Oestermann : Garland
- Beatrice Bruno : Thérèse Manicourt
- Philippe Lehembre : Chazelles
- Istvan Van Heuverzwyn : Deletraz
- Rémy Darcy : Ladrière
- Christèle Tual : the woman of the real estate agency
- Agathe Dronne : the visitor
- Antoine Mathieu : the visitor
- Simon Bonnel : the bailiff
- Geneviève Casile : Simone Picard
- Gisèle Casadesus : Simone Picard’s sister
- Marc Bordure : The neighbor
Unless otherwise indicated or supplemented, the information mentioned in this section comes from the credits of the audiovisual work presented here .
- Castle of Champs-sur-Marne ( Seine-et-Marne ) 2
- Pit 9 – 9 bis of the Dourges mines
- Not listed on the IMDB , Michel Bouquet and Lespert introduced at the beginning of the film to the airfield of Chartres in a helicopter Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin (registration F-GNLT) before visiting Chartres Cathedral . It is this same helicopter that will be used five years later to transport Olivier Gourmet and Zabou Breitman to get to the scene of the bus accident of the movie L’Exercice de l’Etat (its colors have not changed for this filming ). This same model is also visible in the opening sequence of the film A ticket for space.
Around the film
- The president has in his office a scale model of a Westland Lysander , on which he draws the attention of Jalil Lespert in memory of his actions of Resistance .
- Cesar Award for Best Actor in 2006 for Michel Bouquet
Nominations and selections
- Golden Bear for best film at the 2005 Berlin International Film Festival
- César of the best adaptation in 2006 for Gilles Taurand and Georges-Marc Benamou
Notes and references
- ↑ According to the study The production costs of films in 2005 available on the site [ archive ] of the CNC
- ↑ Claire Bommelaer, “Champs-sur-Marne, the French elegance – A Mecca of cinema”, in Le Figaro, Tuesday, July 2, 2013, page 29.
- ↑ Price for the Walker of the Champ-de-Mars on IMDb [ archive ]