Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon ( Transformers: Dark of the Moon ) is amovieofscience fiction Americandirected byMichael Bay, produced bySteven Spielbergand released in2011.
It follows the previous installments in the series titled Transformers (2007) and Transformers 2: Revenge ( Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen , 2009). The film closes the first triology of the Transformers saga. A fourth film, Transformers: The Age of Extinction was released in July 2014.
Shia LaBeouf , Josh Duhamel , Tyrese Gibson and John Turturro resume their respective roles, with Peter Cullen , the original voice of Optimus Prime and Hugo Weaving , Megatron . Ehren Kruger , having previously collaborated in the script of the film, is again involved.
During the great war between Optimus Prime’s Autobots and Megatron’s Decepticons on Cybertron , the Ark, commanded by Sentinel Prime , left the planet and crashed on the Moon in the 1960s . This event influenced the race for space between the United States and the Soviet Union . TheWhen the Apollo 11 mission arrives on the Moon , astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin discover the ship and a portion of the cargo, without finding the Autobot lying there.
In 2011 , two years after the Battle of Egypt and the Fallen’s death, the Autobots and humans protect the Earth from the dangers threatening it. One day, during a mission to Ukraine , at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant , the NEST discovered a reservoir of fusion , which would have caused the nuclear disaster , as well as the presence of three Decepticons. Optimus Prime understands that he belonged to the Ark, the ship hidden on the Moon. He then decides to go to the moon to find him and bring back Sentinel Prime, former leader of the Autobots during the war of Cybertron , with the technology that he carried: pillars capable of creating aspace bridge .
For his part, Sam Witwicky tries to live a normal life with Carly, his new girlfriend, but he gets bored with the absence of Bumblebee and only manages to get a job in the mail service of a large cabinet. insurance, while Carly became the assistant of Dylan Gould, a multi-millionaire playboy who makes her benefit from her largesse. One day, Sam is approached by one of his colleagues, Jerry Wang, who informs him of the Decepticons’ machination on the far side of the Moon before being killed by Laserbeak, a Decepticon Soundwave Insertion Agent.. When Sam tries to inform NEST, he runs into Charlotte Mearing, head of the secret services who refuses to involve him. Sam decides to investigate with Seymour Simmons and Dutch, who have left the army. They discover unexplained deaths of people related to American and Russian space programs and find traces of cosmonautsRussian. These show them cliches of the moon where we see hundreds of pillars. Sam understands that the Decepticons have set a trap for the Autobots. Indeed, the enemies were waiting for the arrival of Autobots on the Moon, which could carry some pillars (including the main pillar) and Sentinel Prime to the Earth. As a result, there will be pillars on the Moon and Earth, and thus a possible transfer of soldiers Decepticons, who were hiding on the moon. When the Autobots learn it, they send Sideswipe, Bumblebee and Mirage Escort Sentinel Prime to the NEST HQ. Then follows a chase during which three agents Decepticons, Dreads (Crankcase, Crowbar and Hatchet) seek to remove Sentinel Prime. The Decepticon Hatchet is strafed by Bumblebee before being spilled by mirage. The other two Decepticons continue pursuing Sentinel but collide with Ironhide who, with the help of Sideswipe, manages to kill them one by one, but the former leader Autobot reveals his betrayal: during the war, he had agreed with Megatron to save Cybertron and planned to use the portal to end the war. He shoots Ironhide from behind and shoots him ruthlessly, along with several NEST agents, (as well as the Skids and Mudflap twins off the screen), before stealing the pillars. Optimus is devastated and he can only watch helplessly the return of megatron, whichKenya , and the activation of the portal and the invasion of the Decepticons hidden on the Moon to invade the Earth.
Sam refuses to give up, but he also has to bow to Decepticons’ will when he discovers that Dylan Gould is allied with Megatron and holds Carly hostage. Sam is then responsible for ensuring that the Autobots leave the Earth unconditionally aboard the Xanthium; he sees the Optimus shuttle taking off before being destroyed by Starscream who was ambushed. Sentinel and Megatron now have their hands free and are investing Chicago with Dylan Gould and the humans who are subject to them to make the city a fortress.
Sam leaves to save his girlfriend, with Epps and the men who refuse to give up the fight. On site, they witness the destruction of several F-22 by Decepticons hunters, before being themselves attacked by a hunter who killed several humans before being shot by Optimus and the Autobots, who never left the planet. The Wreckers (Leadfoot, Roadbuster and Topspin) tease the hunter’s pilot and leave to invest the city. Bumblebee, who had recovered the hunter, flies to Gould’s building and Sam manages to save Carly before shooting Laserbeak. Carly reveals the plan of Decepticons before communicating to NEST via a drone: bring Cybertron back into the Terrestrial atmosphere by creating a bridge through pillars placed all over the world and forcing humans to work as slaves to rebuild the lost planet. The armed group of humans and Autobots is joined by a commando led by Colonel Lennox, as well as several paratroopers coming in helicopters that had been shot down by Starscream. The Autobots are then chased by Shockwave, but the Wreckers arrive and shoot at him for diversion, which allows Optimus to recover his trailer. Once this is done, Optimus uses its jet pack to shoot down the Driller, a Decepticon that attacks the human commando, but Shockwave damages its jet pack and Optimus remains stuck in the cables of a crane, which split the group. . Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Q, Ratchet and Mirage are captured by Barricade, Soundwave and several Protoforms, and during this time, Starscream attacks Sam and Carly but is killed by Sam, who had smashed an explosive of Q into his left eye, blew his head and its spark. Finally, Barricade, using a Protoforms kills Q, but just before Soundwave kills Bumblebee, the Brains and Wheelie Autobots, who were hidden in a Decepticon ship, arrange to crush their ship near the Decepticon group. , which allows the Autobots to resume the fight. The Decepticons are overwhelmed and Bumblebee (after having managed to kill a Protoforms) beheads Soundwave in a spectacular shot. Barricade joins Shockwave and a group of Protoforms, but they are attacked by the men of Lennox and Epps who shoot down five Decepticons but among them, Barricade survives (and runs away from the battle). Shockwave tries to resist, but the Wreckers come in and force him out, forcing him to flee. Optimus, finally released from its shackles thanks to the Wreckers, shoots down, with the help of other Autobots (Bumblebee, Ratchet, Sideswipe and Mirage), 10 Decepticons (6 Protoforms, Brawl, Long Haul, Sideways and Scrapper) in a memorable charge before eliminate Shockwave and use his missile launcher to disable the main pillar. The duel begins between Optimus and his former Chief Sentinel Prime. Sam and Dylan then run to the main pillar and fight in their turn. Shockwave tries to resist, but the Wreckers come in and force him out, forcing him to flee. Optimus, finally released from its shackles thanks to the Wreckers, shoots down, with the help of other Autobots (Bumblebee, Ratchet, Sideswipe and Mirage), 10 Decepticons (6 Protoforms, Brawl, Long Haul, Sideways and Scrapper) in a memorable charge before eliminate Shockwave and use his missile launcher to disable the main pillar. The duel begins between Optimus and his former Chief Sentinel Prime. Sam and Dylan then run to the main pillar and fight in their turn. Shockwave tries to resist, but the Wreckers come in and force him out, forcing him to flee. Optimus, finally released from its shackles thanks to the Wreckers, shoots down, with the help of other Autobots (Bumblebee, Ratchet, Sideswipe and Mirage), 10 Decepticons (6 Protoforms, Brawl, Long Haul, Sideways and Scrapper) in a memorable charge before eliminate Shockwave and use his missile launcher to disable the main pillar. The duel begins between Optimus and his former Chief Sentinel Prime. Sam and Dylan then run to the main pillar and fight in their turn. 10 Decepticons (6 Protoforms, Brawl, Long Haul, Sideways and Scrapper) in a memorable charge before eliminating Shockwave and using his missile launcher to disable the main pillar. The duel begins between Optimus and his former Chief Sentinel Prime. Sam and Dylan then run to the main pillar and fight in their turn. 10 Decepticons (6 Protoforms, Brawl, Long Haul, Sideways and Scrapper) in a memorable charge before eliminating Shockwave and using his missile launcher to disable the main pillar. The duel begins between Optimus and his former Chief Sentinel Prime. Sam and Dylan then run to the main pillar and fight in their turn.
For her part, Carly found megatron and managed to mount against Sentinel who could steal his victory and become the leader of Cybertron. After Dylan reactivates the bridge, Sam manages to push him onto the pillar, where Gould is electrocuted, the Wreckers kill the Decepticon Devcon, Bumblebee and Ratchet breaks the pillar and disables the deck, creating a vortex that destroys Cybertron. Thanks to this turnaround, the duel between Optimus, who lost an arm, and Sentinel takes another turn with the intervention of Megatron, who wants only to take command. Megatron uses his shotgun to damage Sentinel before rushing on him. Optimus takes advantage of this temporary truce and manages to regain the upper hand by tearing Megatron’s head with the help of his ax of Énergon before Run Sentinel with the megatron shotgun. The fight is over, humans and Autobots can live free againEarth .
- Original title: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- French title: Transformers 3: The Hidden Face of the Moon (full title)
- Director: Michael Bay
- Scenario: Ehren Kruger
- Artistic direction :
- Sets: Nigel Phelps
- Costumes: Deborah Lynn Scott
- Photography: Amir M. Mokri
- His :
- Editing: Roger Barton , William Goldenberg and Joel Negron
- Music: Steve Jablonsky
- Production: Ian Bryce , Tom DeSanto , Lorenzo di Bonaventura , Michael Bay (executive), Steven Spielberg (executive), Michelle McGonagle (associated)
- Production company: Paramount Pictures and Dreamworks SKG , in association with Hasbro
- Distribution Company: Paramount Pictures (United States, France and various other countries)
- Budget: $ 195,000,000
- Country of origin: United States
- Original language: English , and more secondarily in Russian , German , Spanish and Arabic [ref. necessary]
- Format: Color – 35 mm – 2.35: 1 – Dolby Digital / DTS / SDDS
- Genres: Action , Science Fiction , Uchronie
- Release dates 1 , 2 :
- Russia : (Moscow Film Festival – world premiere); (national release)
- Germany : (Berlin); (national release)
- United States : (New York) ; (national release)
- Belgium :
- Canada :
- France :
- Switzerland :( French-speaking Switzerland )
- Shia LaBeouf (VF: Jim Redler , VQ: Hugolin Chevrette-Landesque 3 ) : Sam Witwicky
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (VF: Charlotte Correa ; VQ: Ariane-Li Simard-Côté ) : Carly Spencer
- Josh Duhamel (VF: Alexis Victor , VQ: Patrice Dubois ) : Lieutenant-Colonel William Lennox
- Tyrese Gibson (VF: Bruno Henry , VQ: Patrick Chouinard) : Robert Epps
- John Turturro (VF: Vincent Violette , VQ: François L’Ecuyer ) : Seymour Simmons
- Patrick Dempsey (VF: Damien Boisseau , VQ: Gilbert Lachance ) : Dylan Gould
- Kevin Dunn (VF: Jacques Bouanich , VQ: Alain Zouvi ) : Ron Witwicky
- Julie White (VF: Marianne Borgo , VQ: Claudine Chatel ) : Judy Witwicky
- Frances McDormand (VF: Jocelyne Darche , VQ: Chantal Baril ) : Charlotte Mearing
- Glenn Morshower ( VF : Patrick Borg ) : General Morshower
- Ken Jeong (VF: Franck Sportis , VQ: Alexandre Fortin ) : Jerry Wang
- Buzz Aldrin : himself
- Lester Speight (VF: Daniel Lobé ) : Hardcore Eddie
- John Malkovich (VF: Edgar Givry , VQ: Denis Gravereaux ) : Bruce Brazos
- Alan Tudyk (VF): Tanguy Goasdoué (VQ: Thiéry Dubé) : Dutch
- Inna Korobkina : Russian Woman
- Elya Baskin ( VF : Michel Papineschi ) : Dimitri, a Russian cosmonaut
- Brett Stimely ( VF : Guy Chapellier ) : President John Fitzgerald Kennedy
and the voices of:
- Peter Cullen (VF: Jacques Frantz , VQ: Guy Nadon ) : Optimus Prime
- Leonard Nimoy (VF: Marc Cassot , VQ: Jean Brousseau ) : Sentinel Prime
- Hugo Weaving (VF: Julien Kramer , VQ: Vincent Davy ) : Megatron
- Charles Adler (VF: Philippe Dumond) : Starscream
- James Remar : Sideswipe
- Robert Foxworth (VF: Alain Dorval ) : Ratchet
- Francesco Quinn : Dino / Mirage
- George Coe (VF: Éric Legrand ) : Q / Wheeljack
- Frank Welker (VF: Bernard Métraux , VQ: Stéphane Rivard ) : Shockwave / Soundwave / Barricade
- Tom Kenny (VF: Gerard Surugue , VQ: Renaud Paradis) : Wheelie
- Reno Wilson (VF: Frantz Confiac) : Brains
- Keith Szarabajka (VF: Jean-Baptiste Marcenac ) : Laserbeak
- Jess Harnell (VF: Gilles Morvan ) : Ironhide
- Ron Bottitta (VF: Gérard Dessalles ): Roadbuster
- additional votes:
Bernard Gabay Nathaniel Alimi Jean-Luc Atlan Max Aulivier Jean Barney Stéphane Bazin Serge Biavan Bernard Bollet Pierre Bonzans Patrick Borg Philippe Bozo Béatrice Bruno Rémi Caillebot Franck Capillery Philippe Ceylo Emmanuel Clove Raphaël Cohen Olivier Cordina Stéphane Cottin Alexandre Cross Gerard Dessalles Hubert Drac Cédric Dumond Alain Floret Luc Florian Laure Gouget Victoria Grosbois Yann Guillemot Fabien Jacquelin Laurent Jacquet Emmanuel Karsen Patrice Keller Namakan Kone Jerome Krieger Franck Lamoure Michel Laroussi Eric Legrand Christine Lemler Adelaide Leroux Stéphane Miquel Frederic Norbert Achille Orsoni Benjamin Pascal Tristan Petit-Girard Frederic Pulcini Francesco Quinn Lucie Ruotte Pascal Sellem Julian Sitbon Eric Veillard Thierry Walker Jerome Wiggins
List of Transformers
The Autobots are the Transformers faction that represents good: they fight for the freedom of each being and against the Deceitfulness.
- Optimus Prime , transforms into a truck Peterbilt 379 (1994) with 10 blue and red wheels with a trailer.
- Bumblebee , turns into Chevrolet Camaro V (2011) yellow and black.
- Sentinel Prime , betrays the Autobots to ally themselves with the Deceitfulness, turns into a Fire Truck Rosenbauer Panther red and black
- Ironhide , turns into GMC TopKick C4500 modified (2006) black
- Ratchet , turns into Hummer H2 Ambulance Search and Rescue (2004) white and green.
- Sideswipe , turns into Chevrolet Corvette C6 Stingray convertible (2006) silver.
- Mirage ‘Dino’, turns into Ferrari 458 Italia (2010) red.
- Wheeljack ‘ Q ‘, turns into blue Mercedes-Benz E550 (2009)
- Brains , turns into Lenovo ThinkPad notebook
- Wheelie , former Deception drone, turns into a Blue Monster Truck (remote control toy)
- Skids , turns into a green modified Chevrolet Spark .
- Mudflap , turns into Chevrolet Spark modified orange.
Identifiable Autobots in the movie as flashback or cameo:
- Protoforms (some died in the crash of the ship, the ark).
Wreckers are a heavily armed sub-faction of Autobots. However, they are very unruly and very violent.
- Leadfoot , leader of the Wreckers turns into Target Chevrolet Impala # 42 of Chip Ganassi Racing Red.
- Roadbuster , turns into AMP Energy / National Guard Chevrolet Impala # 88 of Hendrick Green Motorsports .
- Topspin , turns into Hendrick Motorsports’ Lowe’s / Kobalt Chevrolet Impala # 48 .
The Decepticons are the faction of Transformers that attempts to impose the strength, power and dominance of the Transformers in the Universe by any means. They fight the Autobots.
- Megatron , turns into an old Mack Titan truck
- Starscream , turns into F-22 Raptor adorned with cybertronian signs
- Shockwave turns into a cybertronic tank
- Driller , decepticon drill from Shockwave
- Soundwave turns into Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Laserbeak, a robotic raptor from Soundwave, turns into a computer, printer, TV and small clone of pink Bumblebee
- Barricade , turns into Ford Police Mustang
- Igor , head of a dead decepticon
- Devcon , quadruped decepticon, turns into missile launcher of the Soviet Union
- Loader, turns into a government cargo truck (it is never seen in robot mode)
- Watchbot, turns into a watch
- Sideways, back despite his death, turns into Audi R8
- Brawl, turns into brown tanks
- Protoforms, they are very numerous in this opus
- Decepticon soldier turns Mack trash truck into Washington
- A Deceitful Soldier Turning into a Ford Police Car on Arrival in Washignthon
- A Deceitful Soldier Turning into a Ford F-150 Pickup during the Chicago Attack
The Constructicons are a sub-faction of Decepticon very heavily armed.
- Long Haul , survivor of the Battle of Egypt, transforms into a Caterpillar 773B truck
- Scrapper , survivor of the Battle of Egypt, turns into Caterpillar 992G backhoe
Dreads are a sub-faction of Decepticons that have the particularity of possessing what would be similar to dreadlocks in humans. They are very violent and are an elite group used in very important missions.
- Cranckase turns into police Chevrolet Suburban
- Crowbar turns into police Chevrolet Suburban
- Hatchet turns into police Chevrolet Suburban
The , Michael Bay revealed that Transformers 3 was already in pre-production, and that the planned release date would actually beand not 2012. Ehren Krugeris also involved this time again in script writing. Shia LaBeouf will reinterpret the role of Sam Witwicky and announce the return of Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Filming began in May 2010 in Chicago , Florida , and Moscow , and it is even planned to shoot the film in 3D . Michael Bay reveals that James Avery will be the voice of the Autobot Silverbot 4 . In the hidden bonus of the Transformers 2 Blu-Ray , Bay announces its intention not to make Transformers 3necessarily longer than the 2, but rather digging a little more the myth, give more depth to the characters, and make it darker and more moving than its two predecessors. The video also shows some images of Unicron 5 . The, planks of drawings have been unveiled. Optimus Prime can be seen on Cybertron and inside an organic body, suggesting the appearance of Unicron 6 .
The , Michael Bay reveals on his website that Transformers 3 will be shot in many countries ( Russia , United States , China , Africa (unspecified country)), as well as the appearance of a new Autobot that will turn into a Ferrari 458 Italia and the entry into the cast of actor Ken Jeong .
Filming begins on . It is revealed that Patrick Dempsey will be in Cast 7 , as well as actress Kym Whitley . Twins Skids and Mudflap will not be in the 3 rd opus 8 . After an interview, Shia LaBeouf explains that Transformers 3 will be darker, sadder and more sentimental. It also reveals that the Decepticons will attack humanity and kill people before announcing that scenes will be shot at the Kennedy Space Center and Alan Tudyk is added to the cast.
About 70% of the film is shot in 3D, using an Arriflex Alexa and Sony F35 cameras. The shooting ended on, and on November 26 , the film went into post-production.
An album featuring the soundtrack and various themes of the film was marketed on . The music titled Iridescent by Linkin Park is the main theme of the film. The album also contains What I’ve Done used in the 2007 movie and New Divide used in the 2009 movie . The music video of Iridescent was produced by Joe Hahn 9 . Two other compositions have been produced especially for the album, Monster by Paramore and All That You Are by Goo Goo Dolls . Other exclusive music were also introduced, including The Pessimist of Stone Sour andThe Bottom of Staind 10 .
|Transformers: Dark of the Moon – The Album|
|3.||The Only Hope For Me Is You||4:42|
|4.||Faith (when I let you down)||3:08|
|6.||Get Thru This||2:43|
|7.||All That You Are||3:12|
|8.||Head Above Water||3:32|
|9.||Set The World On Fire||3:40|
|10.||Awake and Alive (The Quickening – Rock Radio Remix)||3:30|
|11.||Just Got Paid||3:34|
|[view]iTunes Exclusive Edition|
|[view]GameStop Exclusive Edition|
Transformers 3: The Hidden Face of the Moon has an estimated income of $ 181,125,000 in North America on July 4, 2011, and $ 218 million in the other territories as of July 3, 2011, for a total of 399 $ 125,000 worldwide 11 . During its first weekend around the world, the film wins a total of 372.1 million, making it the third most-watched movie after Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (394 million) and Spider-Man 3 (381 , 6 million) 12 . The film then becomes the largest IMAX quality film with a profit of $ 22.5 million 13 .
- United States and Canada
In the United States and Canada, from its first session (9 am), The Hidden Face of the Moon raises $ 5.5 million. It also gathers 8 million in its broadcast at midnight, slightly less than its predecessor (16 million) 14 . During its first day (Wednesday), The Hidden Face of the Moon wins a total of 37.3 million (including the 8 million amassed previously during the night of Tuesday), making it the Wednesday best-selling movie of all time 15 . But the income remains lower compared to its predecessor Transformers 2: Revenge which had amassed a total of 62 million during its first day of broadcast 16. During Thursday, the film wins 21.5 million 17 . The Moon’s Hidden Side wins 32.9 million the following day (Friday) for a total of 97.6 million while its previous Transformers 2 title : Revenge got 36.7 million on the first Friday of the week for a total 127.8 million.
- International markets
Overseas, the film won a total of 32.5 million in its first day of sitting 18 . During Thursday, the total gain of 66 million 19 (far ahead of the 44.2 million that had reported Pirates 4 ) 20 .
In Russia , the film earns $ 4.2 million during its first day of release making him the best income movie after Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth ($ 5 million) and brings in 22 million at the end of the first broadcast weekend. In South Korea , the film collects $ 5 million 18 . During his first week of broadcasting, he pocketed a massive income of 28 million making him the best income movie of all time after Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth (16.7 million). The film was also ranked at the top in Hong Kong and Malaysia , the Philippines ,Thailand , Singapore and Peru. The film has also been successful in other countries including the United Kingdom (17.2 million), Australia (16.1 million), Germany (15.1 million), Mexico (10.8 million), France (26.24 million) 21 and Taiwan (10.5 million). This third installment becomes the most profitable of the Transformers series ( Transformers : $ 709 million, Transformers 2: Revenge $ 836 million). It wins international success with $ 769,632,410 and $ 1,123,794,079 worldwide with $ 352,390,543 in the United States. He became the tenth film to raise over $ one billion in the world and is currently the 15 th most profitable film in history 22 :
|Box office World||$ 1,123,794,079|
|International Box Office||$ 771,403,536|
|Box Office United States – Canada||$ 352,390,543|
|Box office France||2,622,932 admissions ($ 27,705,388)|
- Oscars 2012
- Better editing of his
- Best sound mix
- Best visual effects .
- Razzie Awards 2012
Around the film
Megatron is not fully healed from his injuries in Transformers 2: Revenge ( Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ) and is thus much less powerful than the first two films. It is transformed into an industrial truck, its first terrestrial transformation since the beginning of the series. Shockwave , first announced as a major antagonist, is finally downplayed and appears as Megatron’s watchdog , having only one word of dialogue in the film. Due to the rare appearances of Megatron and Shockwave , the role of the major antagonist is attributed to Sentinel Prime, which makes for the first time an Autobot the main villain of the film. Barricade reappears in the 3 th movie despite his absence from the 2 e . It is largely reduced to a secondary role although it sees the killing with his own hands Q . Soundwave also reappears in this 3 rd opus. It no longer transforms into a cybertronic satellite as in the 2 nd opus and keeps its status of communications officer. Some generic Constructicons such as Long Haul and Scrapper are seen in Chicago. The Autobots Skids and Mudflap that appeared in the previous opus, come back in this third film. However, they are only seen in two planes throughout the film, and only at the base of the NEST: the first where the Autobots park in the HQ (they can be seen at the bottom of the tail), then the second where Ironhide receives a new weapon from Wheeljack (one of the twins appears in the background). They will not be reviewed at all after this scene. In the comics, we learn that they were killed by Sentinel Prime just after Ironhide.
Continued on a highway is from the movie The Island , released in 2005 , and directed by Michael Bay , as one of the extras was wounded during the shooting of a waterfall, time location on the highway was shortened 23 . He had already used shots of another movie ( Pearl Harbor ) in the first Transformers 24 .
During the film, Sentinel Prime pronounces several times the phrase “the good of the majority passes before that of some”. This is a reference to Spock’s character , played by Leonard Nimoy (and VO voice of Sentinel), who pronounces the same phrase in Star Trek .
Following an interview with Megan Fox for the British magazine Wonderland Magazine where she compares Michael Bay to Hitler , he made the decision to remove her from her role as Mikaela Banes , which is why she does not appear in Transformers 3. At the beginning of the film, he is even told about Sam’s new friend: “She will leave us, like the other”.
- At the beginning of the film, we can see a NASA official on the phone, in an office decorated by a collection of rocket models. We see in particular, the rocket Saturn V , used from 1967, while the scene takes place in 1961.
- When Dylan Gould ( Patrick Dempsey ) shows photos of him wearing racing gear, his name is “Patrick Dempsey”, the real name of the actor. Indeed, motorsport is one of his hobbies, and he ran, in particular, the 24 Hours of Le Mans , in 2009.
- The images showing the triumphant return of the Apollo 11 astronauts present these coming out freely from the Apollo ship and evolving in the open air. NASA, not yet knowing that the Moon was totally devoid of life, had set up a quarantine period for the Apollo crew, quarantine that will also last for Apollo 12 and Apollo 14 until NASA removes this procedure because of the sterile nature of the moon. But the writers did not consider this important, nor even rewarding, 25 and did not put this passage in the script.
- When the Autobots arrive on the Moon, we can see the complete lunar module of the Apollo 11 mission . Since astronauts have returned to Earth, the habitable module should no longer be present.
- Sentinel Prime turns into a fire truck Rosenbauer Panther. However, being for years asleep in his spacecraft on the Moon , he has obviously not yet scanned this vehicle. Optimus Prime is seen bringing back the sleepy body of Sentinel Prime , already composed of truck parts (window, wheel …).
- At the beginning of the film, we see the characters go to the city of Chernobyl . The city that we see in general is not Chernobyl, but Pripiat , the closest to the central. It is therefore impossible for characters to visit the buildings around the nuclear complex as quickly from the central square.
- At the beginning of the film, we see a false connection with Carly Spencer who has a cap that disappears on the next complete plan.
Adaptation in video games
Activision has developed a video game on Xbox 360 consoles , PlayStation 3 , Wii , Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS 26 . The video game trailer airs in February 2011 27 . The versions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are developed by High Moon Studios who previously developed the Transformers video game : War for Cybertron . Behavior Interactive has developed versions for Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS. Each version of the game was officially released on June 24, 2011. The story of the game is just before the third game.
The 4 th installment of the Transformers saga, Transformers: The Age of extinction , was released in 2014. In this sequel, Sam Witwicky and all the other characters have disappeared, leaving room for new players as Cade Yeager ( Mark Wahlberg ) and his daughter Tessa ( Nicola Peltz ). Chased by humans, Optimus and his Autobots must join forces with Cade to save their lives and the lives of men.
Notes and references
- ↑ (in) ” Global sites & Release Dates ” [ archive ] , on Paramount Pictures (accessed February 7, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon [ Archive ] on the Internet Movie Database
- ↑ ” Cardboard dubbing ” [ archive ] , on doublage.qc.ca
- ↑ ” Michael Bay finishes the scouting of Transformers 3, and seems to have decided to blow up Chicago and Moscow. » [ Archive ] , on Cinema-France , (accessed August 3, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) ” Transformers Allspark secret video experiment Bay says Transformers 3 goes deeper ” [ archive ] (accessed3 August 2011 )
- ↑ ” PHOTOS – Transformers 3: concept arts of the film? ” [ Archive ] , on Premiere.fr (accessed 3 August 2011 )
- ↑ ” Transformers 3: Patrick Dempsey confirmed, Jamie Kennedy interested ” [ archive ] , (accessedAugust 2, 2011 )
- ↑ ” The twins will not be in Transformers 3 ” [ archive ] , on Cinema-France , (accessed on 1 st August 2011 )
- ↑ (in) Linkin Park’s ‘Iridescent’ Video: A Dog, A Throne And A Blind King [ archive ] MTV
- ↑ (in) YouTube – Staind – The Bottom [ archive ]
- ↑ (in) ” Transformers: Dark of the Moon ” [ archive ] , Box Office Mojo (accessed July 4, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) ” WORLDWIDE OPENINGS ” [ archive ] , Box Office Mojo (accessed July 4, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) Pamela McClintock, ” Box Office Report: ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ Third-Best Scores Global Bow Ever ” [ archive ] on The Hollywood Reporter , (accessed July 3, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) Gallagher Brian, ” Transformers: Dark of the Moon Earns $ 13.5 Million Opening Night ” [ archive ] , on MovieWeb, (accessed June 29, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) ” Top Single Day Grosses ” [ archive ] , Box Office Mojo (accessed June 30, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) ‘ ‘ Transformers 3 ‘Earns $ 37.3 Mil, Best Opening Day Gross of 2011 ” [ archive ]
- ↑ (in) ” Top Single Day Non-Opening Grosses By Day Of The Week ” [ archive ] , Box Office Mojo (accessed July 2, 2011 )
- ↑ a and b (in) Pamela McClintock ” ‘Transformers 3’ Earns $ 32.5 Million in International Box Office on Opening Day ” [ archive ] on The Hollywood Reporter , (accessed June 30, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) Pamela McClintock, ” Box Office Report: ‘Transformers’ Trounces the Competition with $ 30 Mil Friday ” [ archive ]on The Hollywood Reporter , (accessed July 2, 2011 )
- ↑ (in) Pamela McClintock ‘ ‘ Pirates of the Caribbean ‘Opens to $ 4.7 Million at Midnight Showings ” [ archive ] on The Hollywood Reporter , (accessed July 2, 2011 )
- ↑ ” Box Office France> Week of July 13, 2011 ” [ archive ] , on Allociné
- ↑ (in) ” All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses ” [ archive ] on Box Office Mojo (accessed 16 July 2017 )
- ↑ Allociné, “false fitting”, broadcast on Transformers 3
- ↑ ” Michael Bay recycles scenes from The Island in Transformers 3 ” [ archive ]
- ↑ Watch the movie at 0 h 34 min 18 s
- ↑ (in) NIBMRatchet, ” tfw2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Investor Day November 2010 ” [ archive ] (accessed on14 2010 December )
- ↑ (in) Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Video Game Trailer and Information Revealed [ archive ] . Seibertron.com. Accessed May 14, 2011.