Unstoppable or À Fond de Train inQuebecis anAmerican action filmproduced and directed byTony Scott, released in2010. This is the director’s last feature film, which died in 2012.
The film is inspired by a true story about the CSX 8888 incident , thein Ohio , a train is “left” without a driver 1 .
In Pennsylvania , Frank Barnes, a retired train driver, and Will Colson, a young engineer, are going to have to risk their lives trying to stop the AWVR 777 freight train (Allegheny West Virginia Railroad) which transports dangerous goods. This crazy train threatens to derail and devastate an entire region, including a large city where live several thousand inhabitants and where there is a large viaduct curve: Stanton. They have 100 minutes to find a solution and take control of the triple 7 .
- Original title: Unstoppable
- French title: Unstoppable
- Québec title: Deep in the train
- Director: Tony Scott
- Scenario: Mark Bomback
- Sets: Chris Seagers
- Costume: Penny Rose
- Art Director: Julian Ashby, Drew Boughton and Dawn Swiderski
- Photo: Ben Seresin
- Editing: Robert Duffy and Chris Lebenzon
- Music: Harry Gregson-Williams
- Production: Tony Scott , Julie Yorn, Eric McLeod and Mimi Rogers
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox , Dune Entertainment , Scott Free Productions , Prospect Park Productions , Firm Films and Millbrook Farm Productions
- Distribution Company: 20th Century Fox (United States and France)
- Budget: approximately $ 100,000,000 2
- Country of origin: United States
- Original language: English
- Format: color – 2.35: 1 – 35 mm
- Genre: action , disaster movie
- Duration: 98 minutes
- Release dates:
- Belgium , France , French-speaking Switzerland :
- United States , Canada :
- Denzel Washington (VF: Emmanuel Jacomy ) : Frank Barnes
- Chris Pine (VF Boris Rehlinger ) Will Colson
- Rosario Dawson (VF: Annie Milon ) : Connie Hooper
- Jessy Schram (VF: Dolly Vanden ) : Darcy Colson, Will’s wife
- Kevin Dunn (VF: Jean-Jacques Nervest) : Oscar Galvin, the boss of Connie
- Kevin Corrigan (TF: Lionel Tua ) : Werner, Inspector of the Federal Railroad Administration
- Ethan Suplee (VF: Daniel Kenigsberg) : Dewey ‘
- Kevin Chapman : Bunny
- David Warshofsky : Jud
- Lew Temple (VF: Philippe Crubezy ) : Ned Oldham
The project was launched in 2004 and filmmakers like Robert Schwentke and Martin Campbell have been approached 1 .
Distribution of roles
Denzel Washington finds Tony Scott for the fifth and last time after USS Alabama (1995), Man on Fire (2004), Déjà vu (2006) and L’Attaque du métro 123 (2009).
The film was shot in the United States , primarily in the states of Pennsylvania , the Ohio to West Virginia as well as in the New York State 3 .
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Albums by Harry Gregson-Williams
(2010)A day in the life
Composer Harry Gregson-Williams also worked with Tony Scott on USS Alabama (1995), The Fan (1996), State Enemy (1998), Spy Game , Spy Game (2001), Man on Fire (2004) , Domino (2005), Déjà vu (2006) and The Attack of Metro 123 .
|List of titles|
|6.||Not a Coaster||2:17|
|7.||Are you in or are you out?||6:13|
|8.||Realign the Switch||3:10|
|10.||Playing Chicken with Trains||1:35|
|11.||Will Guides 1206||4:04|
|12.||The Stanton Curve||6:02|
|13.||Who Do I Kiss First?||4:19|
The electro-pop music, featured in the bar scenes with Denzel Washington’s two daughters of the hero , is the same as the one used in Man on Fire , when the same Denzel Washington searches for information about the missing girl. [ref. necessary]
Unstoppable has received positive reviews in English speaking countries, obtaining 86% of positive reviews, based on 165 reviews and an average rating of 6.9 / 10 on the website Rotten Tomatoes 5 and 69 / 100 , based on 34 reviews here Metacritic 6 .
The film ranks second in its first week of operation with $ 28,861,914 . By his tenth week, he raised $ 80,504,382 . In April 2011, the film generated $ 167,805,466 worldwide, for a budget of $ 100,000,000 2 .
|Country or region||Box Office||Box office shutdown date||Number of weeks|
|United States Canada||$ 81,562,942 2||7||17 7|
|la France||566,416 entries 8|
|global||$ 167,805,466 2||–||–|
Notes and references
- ↑ a and b Secrets of filming [ archive ] – Allociné .fr
- ↑ a , b , c and d (en) ” Unstoppable ” [ archive ] , on Box Office Mojo (accessed November 25, 2015 )
- ↑ (in) Filming locations [ archive ] on the Internet Movie Database
- ↑ (in) ” Harry Gregson-Williams – Unstoppable (Original Soundtrack) ” [ archive ] , on AllMusic
- ↑ (in) Unstoppable [ archive ] – Rotten Tomatoes .com
- ↑ (in) Unstoppable [ archive ] – Metacritic .com
- ↑ a , b and c (in) ” Unstoppable – weekly ” [ archive ] , on Box Office Mojo (accessed November 25, 2015 )
- ↑ ” Unstoppable ” [ archive ] , on JP box-office.com (accessed November 25, 2015 )