Geostorm or Géotempête inQuebecandNew Brunswickis acatastrophicAmericanscience fiction filmco-written, co-produced and directed byDean Devlin, released in2017.
In 2019, a succession of natural disasters leaves the planet mourning. Some twenty of the richest and most technologically advanced countries have decided to unite by building a satellite device to regulate the climate. This one is called Dutch Boy ( The kid’s finger , in French), and the United States in providing the command. Its operational control takes place via the international space station , considerably enlarged and endowed with significant human numbers, making it possible to curb heat waves and other storms. Humanity is thus protected. But on the eve of the transfer of command to the international community, a completely frozen village is discovered right in the middle of Afghanistan , then a gas explosion strikes Hong Kong after a sudden rise in temperatures. This suggests a misuse of the device, and transformed into a weapon that, if it is not stopped, could cause a global storm: a geotempête.
- Original title: Geostorm
- Quebec title: Geotempête
- Director: Dean Devlin
- Scenario: Dean Devlin and Paul Guyot
- Artistic direction: Kirk M. Petruccelli
- Sets: Vlad Bina and Page Buckner
- Costumes: Susan Matheson
- Photography: Roberto Schaefer
- Editing: Ron Rosen
- Music: Lorne Balfe
- Production: Jerry Bruckheimer , Dean Devlin, David Ellison , Dana Goldberg, Rachel Olschan and Marc Roskin
- Production companies: Jerry Bruckheimer Films 1 , Electric Entertainment , Skydance Productions and Warner Bros. 2
- Distribution Company: Warner Bros.
- Country of origin: United States
- Language: English
- Format: color – Dolby Atmos sound
- Genre: catastrophic science fiction
- Duration: 109 minutes
- Release dates:
- Belgium :
- United States :
- France :
- Gerard Butler ( VF : Boris Rehlinger , VQ : Daniel Picard ) : Jake Lawson
- Jim Sturgess ( VF : Damien Ferrette , VQ : Philippe Martin ) : Max Lawson
- Abbie Cornish ( VF : Ingrid Donnadieu , VQ : Eveline Gelinas ) : Sarah Wilson, the agent of the United States Secret Service
- Ed Harris ( VF : Feodor Atkine , VQ : Eric Gaudry ) : Leonard Dekkom, Secretary of State of the United States
- Andy García ( VF : Bernard Gabay , VQ : Jean-Luc Montminy ) : Andrew Palma, President of the United States
- Richard Schiff ( VF : Philippe Peythieu ) : Thomas Cross, Senator of Virginia
- Alexandra Maria Lara ( VF : Ludmila Ruoso ) : Ute Fassbinder
- Robert Sheehan ( VF : Fabrice Fara ) : Duncan Taylor
- Daniel Wu ( VF : Sylvain Agaesse ) : Cheng Long
- Eugenio Derbez : Hernandez
- Zazie Beetz ( VF : Fily Keita ) : Dana, the cybersecurity expert
- Adepero Oduye ( VF : Claire Morin ) : Eni Adissa
- Amr Waked : Ray Dussette
- Talitha Bateman ( VF : Alice Orsat ) : Hannah Lawson
- Billy Slaughter : Karl Dright
- Julia Denton ( VF : Barbara Kelsch ) : Olivia Lawson
- Corey Mendell Parker ( VF : Frédéric Souterelle ) : Lammy
- Derek Roberts ( VF : Namakan Koné ) : Major Collner
- Gregory Alan Williams ( VF : Thierry Desroses ) : General Montgraff
- Source and legend : French version ( VF ) on RS Dubbing 3
- Source and legend : Quebec version ( VQ ) on Doublage.qc.ca 4
Warner Bros. , in, cancels the release of this film previously announced for the to replace him with Batman v Superman: The Dawn of Justice ( Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ) 5 . In, Distribution changes the date of the film real The Jungle Book ( Jungle Book by Andy Serkis in 2017 , and plans to roll out Geostorm the6 . In, the studio postpones its date to 7 . In, Warner Bros. announces the exit of Geostorm being again postponed to8 .
From now on, this film provides an output on in Belgium and thein France 9 .
|Country||Box office 10||Stop datebox office||Number ofweeks|
|United States||$ 33,700,160||stop||6|
|la France||389,652 entries||stop||5|
|210 000 160 $||stop||6|
Notes and references
- ↑ a and b (in) Rebecca Ford, ” Warner Bros., Skydance’s ‘Geostorm’ Undergoes reshoots, we Brings Jerry Bruckheimer ” [ archive ] on The Hollywood Reporter , (accessed December 20, 2016 ) .
- ↑ a and b (in) ” Dean Devlin Sets Next Directorial Effort Ace Electric Entertainment Picks Up 2 Projects ” [ archive ] on Deadline , (accessed October 27, 2014 ) .
- ↑ ” French dubbing sheet of the film ” [ archive ] , on RS Dubbing .
- ↑ ” Quebec dubbing sheet of the movie ” [ archive ] , on Doublage.qc.ca (accessed 31 October 2017 ) .
- ↑ (in) Jeff Sneider, ” Warner Bros. Blinks in Marvel Showdown: ‘Batman v Superman’ Avoids ‘Captain America 3’ ” [ archive ] , on The Wrap , (accessed December 20, 2016 ) .
- ↑ (in) Borys Kit, ” Warner Bros. Pushes Release Date of ‘Jungle Book: Origins’ ” [ archive ] , on The Hollywood Reporter, (accessed December 20, 2016 ) .
- ↑ (in) Dave McNary, ” Gerard Butler’s ‘Geostorm’ Pushed Back to 2017 ” [ archive ] on Variety ,(accessed December 20, 2016 ) .
- ↑ (in) Oliver Gettell, ” Lego Movie 2 delayed up to 2019 ” [ archive ] on Entertainment Week , (accessedDecember 20, 2016 ) .
- ↑ (in) ” Geostorm – Release info ” [ archive ] , on The Internet Movie Database (accessed December 20, 2016 ) .
- ↑ ” box office mojo ” [ archive ] , on www.boxofficemojo.com